Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April Book Goal!

 Goodreads.com keeps track of how many books I have read towards my goal of 75 in a year.  I am currently three books ahead of schedule!

This is obviously due to three things.

First, I wasn't working for a whole week and I read at least 4 books. 

Second, I was reading much shorter books.  I'm not talking kids books here, but The Insider had mega huge print and I knocked that sucker out in a day.  It's a good thing I'm up this month, since I just started The Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George, which boasts 800 + pages.  That might just take me the entire month of May and I intend to savor every single minute of it. 

Third, we road tripped to Indianapolis to watch the Chicago Bulls sweep - oh right, that didn't happen - the Indianapolis Pacers and had hours and hours in the car for reading.  That knocked A Secret Kept out of the park.

Unfortunately my reading days are coming to an end because I got a new job as a real-live attorney with a firm downtown.  So, it doesn't look like I will have days off during the week to read for fun anymore.  But, making some cash doing something I love is probably better.  Sigh.

Either way, I'm ahead of schedule after being behind in February and God knows where in March.  Here's to May being the greatest month ever because it is my birthday month!

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job! Now you'll be able to afford steak when Roi and I come to BBQ. ;-)

    Also, I am reading A Pigeon and a Boy. So far so good, I will let you know what I think at the end!

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! We can definitely have steak and I'll put a Pigeon and a Boy on my to-read list. :) I need your exact dates so we can plan a dinner!

    ReplyDelete