Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Choosing a New Book

I've been meaning to write a post about this for a while.  I have a serious problem.  After finishing a book, I waste an incredible amount of time choosing my next book!  Does anyone else have this issue?  I think it stems from the fact that I have so many unread books that I don't want to make the wrong choice and pick something (a.) too similar to my last book and (b.) a book that I'm not interested in right now, but might be later.

After finishing a book, I frantically scan my bookshelves searching for the next great thing to read.  Occasionally, I'll ask Jon and he'll halfheartedly point at something on my to-read shelf and then I have to make a very specific decision about whether or not that is the next book.

I know this all sounds crazy - but this book blog has made me ever more aware of what I read next.  I don't want to have too many historical fiction reads or thrillers in a row because that will make the blog less interesting and unique.  So, this issue has become even more precarious for an already indecisive reader!

Does anyone else have this issue?  I can't imagine I'm the only one with a gigantic pile of "to-reads."  Does anyone have a system of picking or ordering their books so that they always know what comes next?

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment