Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Kindle touch


Kindle touch


You have to live under a rock to not know that Amazon is releasing new Kindle editions in the coming weeks and that they have dropped the prices drastically on said Kindles.

Actually, if you live under a rock, then you likely aren't reading this blog, and you probably don't care about e-readers.

Either way, I picked up this beautiful new Kindle touch for a mere 99 dollars and it is set to be delivered sometime after Thanksgiving.

I was hesitant about e-readers.  I love holding books, turning actual pages, and the smell of a brand spanking new book.  But, then I started walking 2+ miles to the train and back and it became burdensome to carry Diana Gabaldon around with me.  She's a heavy read.  I would post pone books that I really wanted to read because of the sheer weight of the physical book.  Enter the Kindle.  This puppy is light and I will likely just use it for the really weighty stuff.   Like Stephen King's new 960 pager about the Kennedy assassination.

Stephen, I love you.  But, my back hurts when I have to carry you around.

I'll let you know how it goes when I get it.  I decided on the touch because there is no reason not to get the newest and best edition.  I also have a touch phone and I'm used to just poking at something until I get what I want.

Do you prefer e-readers over actual books?  Or are you a physical book holdout?  Let me know in the comments!

Happy e-reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment