Thursday, August 18, 2011

Blog Hiatus

It has come to my attention that I am under a high level of stress.  One of the things that stresses me is my job, another is this blog.

Once you start a blog - there seems to be a lot of pressure to keep the blog going.  Or else all sorts of terrible things start happening, like losing readership.  Gasp! (I know I get super annoyed when my favorite blogs only post once in a while)

This blog is especially  difficult to maintain because I actually have to read things to be able to write reviews on them. I don't get to just write about my life, like some bloggers out there.  Of course this means that I have to read fast enough to be able to update frequently.  That just isn't the case anymore.   So, in the interest of leading a less stressful life I am going to allow myself to feel less pressure from my blog.  I'm only going to update when I feel like it and when I've read something worth reviewing.

Sure, this will lessen my readership - but really, there are a lot of book blogs out there and I just don't have the time to keep pushing A Book of a Different Color down everyone's throats.

So, enjoy the reviews as they come and as always -

Happy Reading!!

P.S.  I'm always open to suggestions about how to maintain a blog that requires some serious work, like taking on a new blogger or reviewing law cases or something.  Leave 'em in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment