Tuesday, August 1, 2017

City of Thieves by David Benioff


Book:  City of Thieves

Author:  David Benioff 

Grade:  A

Recommended To:   WWII fans, Egg Lovers. 

My friend recommended this book and it was a great rec!   In sum, this is the story of two young men who are asked to go on an adventure to locate a dozen eggs in wartime Russia so that a Corporal can make a wedding cake for his daughter.  This leads them through the icy war-time Russia and includes lots of adventure and intrigue along the way.

I thought this book was a completely unexpected joy.  I read a lot of books on my Kindle and typically forget what I read on Amazon as the excerpt or I don't bother to look it up, since there isn't a book jacket with the description.  This leads to a lot of surprises and this book was one of those.  I had no idea what to expect when I read this and the twists and turns were actually surprising. 

I read a lot of fiction about WWII but have read very little about the attack on Russia by the German forces.  This lack of knowledge kept the book interesting.

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a fairly quick read and an intriguing one, at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment