Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Recap and 2013 Goals

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I love the year change, even though its 13 degrees outside and all I want to do is read my Christmas gifts.  I love setting goals, reflecting on the past year, and putting it all into this blog.

Here's the 2012 wrap-up:

In 2012, I set my sights on 75 books to top my 2011 total of 73 books.  I failed, but 2012 was a great year for reading because I still read a whopping 64 books.  And, I must say that I read a lot of lengthy books this year, so it probably counted for 100 regular books or a million short stories.  Those 64 books counted for 26,221 pages read.  Plus this blog topped 10k hits right at the end of 2012, which is a HUGE accomplishment.  Thank you all for reading, I hope these reviews make you laugh, avoid certain books and read others.

Longest Book:  The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon at 1400 + pages.

Shortest Book: Three Cups of Deceit by Jon Krakauer

Most Disappointing Book:  My Teenage Dream Ended by Farrah Abraham (I just wish she had put in some juicy details about filming Teen Mom).

Most Rewarding Book:  The Physician by Noah Gordon

The Funniest Book: Boomsday by Christopher Buckley

Favorite Book: The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

Least Favorite Book:  Fifty Shades of Gray by E.L. James (but on the upside, it was my favorite review to write)

Best Rated on Goodreads:   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling with A Storm of Swords by George RR Martin as a close second.

Worst Rated on Goodreads:  My Teenage Dream Ended by Farrah Abraham. (shocking).

Series Finished:  Game of Thrones - at least until 2014 and Winds of Winter comes out.

I also have goals for 2013.  I like when the year turns over and I can make attainable resolutions.  Things like "no dirty goose martinis with bleu cheese olives" or "eat less chips" are hard.  But, reading more books?  I can totally do that! 

1.  Read 65 books in 2013 (see what I did there, just one more than last year!)
2.  Finish an entire book series.  I have this irritating habit of starting a book series and then putting it down before I get to the last book.  So, this year, I'm going to make a point to finish the book series that I started in 2012.
3.  Update this blog 1/week.  That's 52 updates.  Not sure if I'm going to make that, but I should have at least one hard goal, right?
4.  Buy a house - okay, not a book goal, but I need a place to put all of my books!

Do you have book goals?  Let me know in the comments!

Happy Reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment