Friday, December 28, 2012

A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin


Book:  A Dance with Dragons 

Author:  George R.R. Martin 

Grade:  B

Recommended to:  Everyone in the whole universe, especially my hubs, so I can talk about the plot with someone!  

I promise there won't be any spoilers in this review because this series is so good and so exciting and so many things happen (except in book four) that I would be wretchedly pissed if someone spoiled it for me.  So, I pledge that I won't spoil anything.

First, why is the projected release date for Winds of Winter (book 6) in the year 2014?  That is so far away it barely sounds like a year.  How could the projected release date of the paperback version of Dance with Dragons still be three months away?  Ughhhh.   I'm just generally pissed at George.  He leaves a few cliffhangers that are essentially the most massive cliffhangers of all time and then he won't get down to the business of writing fast enough, so I have to wait at least another year to read about my faves again.  It's like Harry Potter all over again, except Rowling had the good sense to finish it.

Second, the HBO series is only a small consolation.  Small.

Third, have you seen how old and decrepit-looking Georgie is?   He had better not conk-out and leave this series unfinished.  Allegedly he's told HBO how the whole things ends, so even if he can't finish the series, at least HBO will finish it.  Again, small consolation. Very small.

If you haven't jumped on this bandwagon yet, I suggest you do.  The HBO series is wonderful, the books are wonderful and apparently there are some good companion novels, which I never read, but if you are into that, then cool.

See, no spoilers.

Happy Reading and Happy Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment